This is an easy, yummy and plant-based recipe I started to try in 2018 and really changed my meals!
‘Cause, who does not like a homemade healthy mayonnaise?
It was only one day before moving from Chile to Costa Rica, when I decided to get this book “La Mesa” . It has all the recipes you would need to make your life more nutritious in a beautiful, simple, eco and fun way.
So yeah! checking the book on the plane, I realized about this Carrot Mayonnaise! so I tried it!
And I liked it so much for sandwiches, burgers or salads (well, also because I do like carrots) that I also started to play in the kitchen…replacing carrots for other veggies and even fruits, to create new dips 🙂
So, do you want to start?! Here is the recipe as I do it:
- 2 regular cups of chopped carrots (orange ones)
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled but left whole
- Chili (as much as you want)
- 1 spoon of lemon juice or chopped tomato (sour flavor)
- 6 spoons of sunflower or olive oil
- 1/2 tea spoon of marine salt
- 1/2 tea spoon of coriander
- Add paprika, cumin, rosemary, basil.
What to do · Step by step:
- Put all the ingredients in the blender (use a little bit of water to help it)
- Beat until mixture is well blended.
- Taste it (to get that balance between sweet, salty, sour and oily flavour)
- Serve it cold (leave it in the fridge if it’s needed) and enjoy!
How long does it last? to be honest, most of the time we ate it all, but sometimes I make extra to have for the next day.
February 7th of 2021, Deutschland.
*Photo from when Mom said to Daddy (20 weeks of pregnancy)
“Have you ever tried a chilean hotdog (completo)?”
*about the hotdog: I prefer mini baguette or similar but not hotdog bread unless it’s artisanal + bio chicken sausage + chopped and seasoned tomato + mashed avocado + carrot mayonnaise.